Wednesday, July 14, 2021

June Review

July is almost half over so it's time for a review of June! Last month, I graduated from high school which was bittersweet for me. I also got a job which has given me lots of time to read during my break.


My graduation party set up- before all the rain came
and we had to quickly set up inside.

I made some graduation caps with Peanut Butter Cups,
Hersey Squares, M&M's, and embroidery thread

On the Blog:
June was a pretty busy month so I wrote zero posts. 

Books:
I had a great month of reading with a total of four books. That may seem small, but it's the most I've read in one month for 2021. My two favorites were "Flight into Spring" and "Around the World in 80 Days". (Photo credits: Goodreads)
  • Flight into Spring by Bianca Bradbury
  • Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne
  • Listen, Slowly by Thanhha Lai
  • Flutter: The Story of Four Sisters and an Incredible Journey by Erin E. Moulton 


Other Happenings:
The biggest event this month was my high school graduation! I also celebrated with a party a few weeks later. It was planned for outside but it down poured so we quickly moved everything inside. All turned out well! The other big thing that happened was starting my first full-time job at a daycare. (Eleven kids aged 8 and under)

I also finally finished watching the Lord of the Rings with my siblings. (And before I read the last book...)

Sam and Frodo: my favorite hobbits 
(credit)

"There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo...
and it's worth fighting for." -Sam 
(credit)

July Plans:
  • Finish writing thank yous to my graduation party guests
  • Start celebrating the nine birthdays in our family that range from July to October 
  • Continue working 
  • Finish some more books on my to be read list
  • Take a family trip up north

Is your summer going by fast? Have you watched the Lord of the Rings?



-Miss K

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see your face again! :D
    Congrats on graduating high school!!! Those graduation caps are so cute. Did you think them up yourself?

    Lord of the Rings, such good movies (and books). I need to watch the third one all the way through - I think I've seen the whole theatrical edition, but not the extended in which I am promised more Faramir...and I very much want more Faramir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you again too! I have a few posts planned so hopefully I'll be back soon.

      Thank you! I made the graduation caps for my brother's party a couple years ago using directions, but I don't recall the website.

      Yes, yes, yes!! The Lord of the Rings are my favorite book and now movie! I still haven't finished the third book yet. We watched the theatrical edition for the first and second movie, but the third one was the extended version. Lots more details and certainly lots of Faramir! I highly recommend!

      Delete